Specialist group and one to one interventions
All our psychosocial interventions are underpinned by evidence based techniques and include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy (BSFT)
- Behavioural Couples Therapy (BCT)
We deliver a menu of interventions for specific issues, either one to one or in a group setting.
Where appropriate, groups support the development of a positive, productive and supportive network or mini-community. These can continue to offer support long after the intervention has been completed.
“We have a laugh at the group
and it’s good to know people
who have been there too.” Service user’s quote
We offer groups in appropriate settings within the community, as well as targeted services for hard to reach and under-represented groups, these include:
- People who use stimulants
- People who use novel psychoactive substances
- People who use image and performance enhancing drugs
- People who are Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Gay and Transgender (LBGT)
- People who have gender specific requirements
- People who may benefit from increased parenting skills (see also family interventions)
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) groups.