Drink Less: A free app to help people reduce their consumption of alcohol
Drink Less is an app created by a team of psychologists at University College London to help drinkers reduce their consumption of alcohol. The app is easy to use.
The app allows users to:
- Keep track of their drinking and see how it changes over time
- Set goals for the targets important to them and get feedback on their progress
- Complete a daily mood diary in order they can better understand the effects of their hangover
- Play games designed to strengthen their resolve to drink less alcohol
- Create plans for dealing with situations when they may be tempted to drink excessively
- Take part in exercises designed to change their relationship with alcohol
Users can use the app fully without taking part in the study being carried out by the University and can opt-out at any time.
The development of the app has been funded by the National Institute for Health Research School for Public Health Research (NIHR SPHR), the UK Centre for Tobacco and Alcohol Studies (UKCTAS) and the Society for the Study of Addiction.